By Malie Bifc USA
Since I just completed English subtitle of Khu Kam (Ill-Fated Love)… I thought I’d ask every one for a review…
I think we could all learn from Ang’s mistake… she was right. Life is too short… Happiness is out there within our reach… we need grab it! cherish every moment with your love ones because we don’t know what’s going to happen the next day..
NOTE: Khu Kam is the hardest sub project for me so far… because of WWII era, older style languages and culture… had to deal with two different cultures, Thai and Japanese… the story involved the war, military and political situation. I had to do research and read about them… had to understand what went on during the era in order to translate and use the right words for the subtitle. Over all, it was a great experience and quite a challenge but it was a great-great sub project and lakorn to work on. I enjoyed it a lot… hope, you enjoyed it, too.
Character of Kobori, a Japanese Naval Officer is being changed from a serious and unyielding man to Bie Sukrit style… any one who saw Bie (as Kobori) has to smile … Bie has already been given a name “Kobobie”
Khu Kam Bie/ Noona version is being talked about a lot. At the same time, it is also being compared to other versions…
Boy Takonkiet Viravan: “feedback is very good. At the begin, many people were still attached to the older versions… They would ask why Kobori and Angsumalin this version is so lovey dovey…
I have to tell you that… it has been our intention all a long. This is the angle that we want to convey to the audiences. The story itself is already quite dramatic. If we start off cute and lovable, when it gets to the peak of the story, it would be quite a suspense.I also believe it would get to people’s heart.
To me, Bie and Noona have great chemistry together. They are a leading pair that commands our attention. I would say they have no problem being the next favorite leading pair because of Khu Kam.I told everyone before that Khu Kam is a story about two people. One cannot do better than the other… both of them have to be good together. Today, khun Tomayanti (the author of Khu Kam) came to visit the set. She said “Yes! Khu Kam has to be like this!“. I was quite please.
khun Boy: “It’s ok. I am not afraid of being compared. Each production has its own interpretation of the story. They are different. We feel that our version can stand gracefully on its own. The audiences like it. The author of the book also likes it. The production team is giving all they have. What else do we want”.
Bie and Noona’s chemistry… will you push them to become the “favorite lead pair”?
khun Boy: “very big possibility. Both of their stage musical and lakorn meet with success”.
The author of this classic love story visited the set of Khu Kam while they were filming the wedding scenes
March 18, 2013
CC: khun Sant and khun Boy
RE: Feedback from Khu Kam from International Fans
1. ถึง คุณ บี้
สวัสดีค่ะ ฉันชื่อซาโตมิ เป็นแฟนคนญี่ปุ่นของคุณค่ะ
ฉันดูละคร”คู่กรรม”ทุกวันจันทร์และวันอังคารค่ะ ฉันชอบดูละครของคุณ และ ดีใจมากที่คุณแสดงบทโกโบริ ที่เป็นผู้ชายคนญี่ปุ่น เพราะฉัน เป็นคนญี่ปุ่นด้วยค่ะ หน้าตาของคุณคล้ายกับคนญี่ปุ่น ก็เลยฉันเชื่อว่า คุณเหมาะสมรับบทโกโบริที่สุดค่ะ ฉันได้ยินว่าคุณต้องเรียนภาษาญี่ปุ่นในเวลาอันสั้น แต่ภาษาญี่ปุ่นของคุณเก่งมากก่วาที่ฉันคิดค่ะ
ฉันเรียนภาษาไทยอยู่4ปีแล้ว แต่ยังไม่ค่อยเก่ง คุณเรียนได้เร็วๆนะ พยายามเรียนภาษาด้วยกันนะคะ ฉันจะคอยดูละคร”คู่กรรม”ต่อไปค่ะ
จาก ซาโตมิ นะคะโจ แฟนคนญี่ปุ่นของคุณ
2. When Exact announced that Bie Sukrit Wisetkaew and Noona Nuengthida will star as Kobori and Angsumalie in Khu Kam, I was elated. Since then, I have been counting the days that lead up to the airing of Khu Kam. When it finally aired, it took my breath away and I found myself speechless. I was mesmerized and immediately fell in love with Kobori. Sad to say that I have not viewed the previous versions of Khu Kam, but I have to report that I don’t need to, as I am 100 % content with this version.
Bie has really out shine a Kobori. He brings the character to life, with emotions and feelings that draw the attention of the audience, making one feel as though his character is alive. He shows compassion, intelligence, and proficiency with both the Japanese and Thai languages. Bie is able to bring the audience to feel the same emotions and feelings he endures in the Lakorn. I cry when he cries, I laugh when he laughs… I am not only a fan of Bie, but also a fan of Khu Kam.
3. I really, really love watching Khu Kam. It is a very touching lakorn, along with great actors who portrayed each role very well. Thank you for remaking this lakorn. I hope the lakorn will not end so soon. I would like to see more sweet scenes between khun Kobori and khun Ang. They have very good chemistry. Also, I hope to see Khu Kam part 2 with the story of khun Kobori and khun Ang’s son.
-Fan from USA
4. Bie could you please tell the director to please not end this soon, I hope it could go up to at least 20-25 episodes. I hope you win the 9entertain award. Love you, from one of your international fans.
Choua Moua (USA)
5. Love Bie as Kobori and love Khu Kum 2013 a lot! Best version ever!
Nancy Vue (USA)
6. I super love Koo Kum 2013, love this cute, adorable, and funny Kobori. Bie is an awesome actor, he can express his feelings from his eyes, and also an awesome singer too. It would be great if they change the ending, I don’t want to see Bie pass away. I’m so obsessed with this lakorn and love Kobori from version 2013 super much and more than the old version even though I’ve never watch any of the Koo Kum version except this 2013 version.
7. Khu Kam is my all time favorite drama and I think Bie is the BEST fit for this role. The only guy who can really deliver the Kobori’s character.
8. I’m crazy about this 2013 koo gum. I rewatch over and over and never get bore. Why bie so perfect. Love Bie songs, I can’t wait for next ep. of koo gum and his CD and DVD. Love Bie and Noona from St.Paul, MN.
Chia Vang (USA)
7. I love him as Kobori so so much! His expression def out did every other Kobori out there…this episode has so much emotion and heartbreak, how can you not cry?
Gloria Vue (USA)
8. this lakorn is so cute and adorable . the scenes are so romantic . bie & noona are such good actors -3 gosh they’re both gorgeouss and beautiful , im so caught up that this lakorn is going to end sad . ahhhhh , D; loool , they have so many cute scene , gawwd Bie is so handsome.
9. Love Bie as Kobori super much, he’s an expert at expressing his feelings from his eyes. Whenever I look into his eyes and it’s a sad scene it makes me cry. This is the first drama to make me cry in every single episode and LOVE KOBO-BIE SUPER DUPER MUCH!!!
Fan from US
10. Can you please tell Khun Boy to put Bie and Noona in more lakorns together? they are such a cute couple. Also don’t rush the lakorn, they should give us more episodes like 7-9 more episodes (or even more). Bie as Kobori is super-duper awesome, he can express Kobori’s feeling super well and all the scenes in the lakorn is all awesome.
11. Love Bie as Kobori and love Khu Kum 2013 a lot! Best version ever! Serena
12. this lakorn is so cute and adorable . the scenes are so romantic . bie & noona are such good actors -3 gosh they’re both gorgeous and beautiful , I’m so caught up that this lakorn is going to end sad . ahhhhh , D; loool , they have so many cute scene , gawwd Bie is so handsome .
13. Bie looks so sexy because the words are so romantic. Bie is such a gentleman in this movie. He plays the best “Kobori” so far.
Mone Baccam (US)
14. love this Koo Gum and I have watched it over and over every night and still madly in love with Bie and Noona this two are looking good together and hope they are for real couple in real life!!!!! A fan from US
15. Tawa from Vietnam
My feedback would be that I super love Koo Kum 2013, love this cute, adorable, and funny Kobori. Bie is an awesome actor. He can express his feelings from his eyes, and also an awesome singer too. It would be great if they change the ending, I don’t want to see Bie pass away. I’m so obsessed with this lakorn and love Kobori from version 2013 super much and more than the old version even though I’ve never watch any of the Koo Kum versions except this 2013 version. Sawadika! We are fans from Vietnam.
16. Vietnam fans. Nguyen Ha
We feel happy to see Kobori and Hideko together, but at the same time, feel hurt as we know those sweet moments may not last long. Your acting is good; it says it all without any words. Keep it up! Wish you be successful. Rak Na ka (love you)!
17. Fan from Italy
Yes! I fell in love with this lakorn because of the dialogues, so intense and meaningful.
18. Bie’s performance was flawless and it was made even more perfect with Noona Neungthida as his leading lady. Noona is the perfect Angsumaline. She is a natural beauty and is an amazing actress. She can look so sweet, but with one glare, you can see the fire in her eyes that makes her portrayal of Ang come to life. Bie and Noona’s chemistry together is electrifying. Please-please pair these two wonderful actors together again in another romantic drama. May I suggest a remake of the classic Exact lakorn “Roy Leah Sanae Rai”. They would be excellent in these roles.
In closing thank you for Exact’s wonderful production of “Khu Kam”. This is my favorite version. Everything about this lakorn is perfect form the talented cast, to the wonderful and detailed interpretation of the storyline, to the beautiful lakorn OSTs.
Ariya (a lakorn fan from the USA)
19. What I love Khu Kam, Bie and Noona’s version…
Hope to see more of Bie and Noona in another classic lakorn but with a happy ending 🙂 …. Malie BIFC
EXTRA: Could this be where Kobori’s name came from?
As I was getting ready to subtitle Khu Kam into English, I had to do research on the carp story that Kobori talked about a lot in Khu Kam.
Satomi (Bie’s big Japanese fan) told me about koinobori , carp streamer. The streamers are made from paper or fabric. On May 5 of each year, landscapes across Japan are decorated with koinobori from April to early May, in honor of sons and in the hope that they will grow up healthy and strong.
What’s interesting is the word KOINOBORI. If we removed “OIN” from Koinobori… we would be left with the word KOBORI. We taught wow!… did we just discover a secret?
Is it possible that the name KOBORI came from the word KOINOBORI?