By Malie Bifc USA
September 22, 2014
Ton Nithiwat’s feelings after Teacher’s Diary has been submitted for the Academy Awards 2015 – the Best Foreign Language Film
Ton Nithiwat, Director of Teacher’s Diary said… “I am thrilled. This is a great honor. It’s a chance in a lifetime that a film I directed is being submitted to compete for the Academy Award. It feels like I got a national team uniform on… I am running into the field carrying our flag.
I have to thanks GTH, p’Geng – Jira Malikul, Wanrudee Teem-ngarn and the cast, Bie-Sukrit Wisetkaew, Ploy Sherman and the kids, including others actors and actresses who helped made this film a success.
Thanks the film committee for selecting Teacher’s Diary to represent Thai Film at the Oscar. I am very proud to be able to present a story of Thai people, specially from teachers’ view points for people around the world to see and learn about us.”
Ton Nithiwat added… “to be one of the award contenders is already an honor. You asked whether I have confident (in winning)? I would say, I am proud and I had lots of fun directing the film… there are many strong contenders from around the world. For me, I am honored and happy just be one of the contenders. Whether I hope to win… winning would be a (big) bonus.”
* Full motion picture produced outside the United States
* No English dialogue in the film
* Foreign Language Film Award Committee will oversee the process and review the submitted films
* the submitted films must be in the theater in their respective countries between 10/01/13 and 09/30/14
* Dateline to submit: 10/01/14
* October 2014: announcement of eligible films
* Announcement of nine semi-finalists: 01/15/15
* Announcement of five Oscar Nominations: one week later
* the 87th Academy Awards: February 22, 2015